Saturday, April 30, 2011

April 30th, 2011 The Agricultural Fair A.K.A. freak show of craziness

     Today I accompanied Nikki and Dennis to the Agricultural Fair of Belize. Apparently this is a huge deal here and people come from all over to attend. It actually takes place right down the road from us and if it didn't I don't know if any of us would've made a special effort to attend. So how do I explain what I witnessed and felt at this place? Well a few words come to mind.....scary, hot, confused, more scariness, bleeding ears, lots of food, pretty horses, weird agriculture stuff, and did I mention scary?
   




 Now I must admit some of it was pretty interesting. The livestock seemed well taken care of because the farms and people who brought animals wanted to show them off. We didn't see anything that wasn't supposed to be there (like parrots or other native animals). Their were booze tents everywhere which I am always fond of. I think booze tents should have the mentality of Starbucks at these functions. Put them everywhere, people should be able to be at a tent and see another one in their line of sight, just like coffee.









   

No comments:

Post a Comment