Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Monkeys and Manatees and owls oh my!!

Wow what a week. Spiders and scorpions everywhere, plants that made me feel like I was on fire, a Peccary (wild pig) that lived in the garden and wanted to eat me, a roommate that was not afraid to be naked(all the time), mosquitoes worse than they have been in ten years, an angry Barn Owl who I got a hold of my hand (I was glad to see him released!) no running water for days at a time, and of course monkeys.....
view from my room

Boa Constrictor found in the garden

lambs born in the middle of the night

angry geese where ever I go!!




This is a Peccary, they received him from a wild animal "zoo" that had been shut down

Duma the spider monkey









The walk I had to make four times a day while being attacked by mosquitoes

spider monkey we got in while I was there also from the wild animal "zoo" She was so thin we could see the outline of her rib cage. For three days we couldn't keep her food dish full because she would eat everything we offered her. 

Pacas also from the park

Twiggy the baby manatee

The nightlife of the town : )

Maddy the new monkey stuffing her face

Curossows


Sultan the baby Howler monkey


























No comments:

Post a Comment