Saturday, February 5, 2011

February 5th, 2011- The dog

    I found my first dog that would actually come to me yesterday. She was living outside of a chinese market. Dirty, mange, not spayed, old, and possibly a prolapsed uterus. NOT GOOD. So we picked her up and brought her back to Casa. I gave her a bath, dewormer, flea meds, fed her, etc. Within five minutes of being tied up outside of my room she had busted free. I chased her around for a while and finally got her during one of her itching fits. Then she wouldn't move. I mean just sat there with a horribly sad look on her face. Then another dog came by (he hangs out around here) and ate all of her dog food I had set out and sat to watch the show. After about an hour of trying to get her to come back with me I took her collar off. I want her to stay really badly so I can help her but I can't make her stay I decided.
    I walked to the kitchen and all of a sudden the skies opened up and a downpour started. Feeling guilty I decided to run out and see if she would come with me to shelter. I found her with a scared look on her face and she came running towards me. She followed me all the way back to the clinic but wouldn't come inside. Instead she dug a little hole and laid down under the awning. She was shivering so I put a towel on her and let her be. She was still here this morning sleeping. She seemed very excited to eat breakfast and at lunch she actually came and found me. She really likes her head scratched and I actually saw her tail wag! The vet is coming in the next few days to see if she can be fixed up. If she can't I have already decided to euthanize her. I really hope she can be saved. Please send good thoughts her way.




No comments:

Post a Comment